Rating: 5 Cups of Coffee
Goodreads’ Book Description:On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media--as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents--the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter--but is he really a killer?
As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?
CLICK BELOW FOR FULL REVIEW
Natasha’s Experience:Here is another book to put into my #WhatDidIJustRead category.
GONE GIRL was incredible, shortly put. It was thrilling, crazy, exciting, and so wonderfully well-written. The attention to detail in this book still boggles my mind. (Never thought I would use that idiom, but it seems fitting)
I enjoyed every second of this book, even though all of my guesses as to how it was going to pan out were embarrassingly wrong.
I have no idea how to review this book without giving anything away (and let’s face it, who likes spoilers? No one)
So, things to consider if you are going to read this book (I highly recommend doing so):
- Your assumptions may be wrong. (This was me, the entire time)
- You might spend all night reading and clutching the book because it’s definitely suspenseful.
- You’ll probably spend too much time thinking “What is going on here!?”
- You may get frustrated while reading. This is okay. It happens to the best of us.
- The second you finish, you will either be overjoyed or very confused or maybe just completely in awe over what you just read. (I went with being in awe)
- You’re going to want to watch the movie right after because who wouldn’t want to see this book come to life?!
Now that I’ve finished reading and watching GONE GIRL, what do I do?
A. Replay the entire movie in my head until I can’t think anymore.
B. Recommend the book to everyone I know.
C. Continue on with my life-long crush on Ben Affleck.
D. All of the above.
The correct answer is D. Thanks for playing ;)
Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Audible