Thursday, October 1, 2015

Review: The Allure of Dean Harper by R.S. Grey

Rating: 4.5 Cups of Coffee
From: LilyNBlack@Gmail.com
To: JosephineKeller@VogueMagazine.com
Subject: You’re a flippin’ idiot


Good morning my dear, naive friend,

I hope you’re enjoying a breakfast of regret and sorrow.

Why? 

Because you sent me to work for Dean Harper, aka a control freak in a tailor-made suit. Sure he owns the trendiest restaurants in NYC, but c'mon Jo, his ego makes Kanye West look like the Dalai Lama.

He's the type of guy that only hears the word “no” when it's followed by “don’t stop.”

Working for Dean Harper would be like selling my soul to the devil…and before you say anything, I don’t care if the devil has punch-you-in-the-gut brown eyes and an ass to match. My soul isn’t for sale.

Love,
Regretfully yours,
Lily

Natasha’s Experience:
Are you having a bad day? Read a book by R.S. Grey. Having a good day? Make it better. Read a book by R.S. Grey. I guess what I’m saying is that you should always be reading a book by R.S. Grey because it will without a doubt make your day that much brighter.

THE ALLURE OF DEAN HARPER is the story of Dean Harper and Lily Black, two of the most stubborn characters I’ve ever met. They have incredible chemistry but are too busy fighting for the upper hand to give in to their attraction.

“She wasn’t going to let me win that easily. Hell, she probably wasn’t going to let me win at all. I stood and smiled. Game on.”

Lily moves to New York in the hopes of making it in the restaurant and food industry. She’s a food blogger and passionate about achieving her goals; she wasn’t planning on having Dean Harper as one of those goals, but c’est la vie.

“I lived for good food. The way some people got runner’s highs, I got food highs.”

Dean Harper is successful – I am really freaking successful. He’s made a name for himself in the restaurant world and he’s got everything he’s ever wanted, except for love. When Lily shows up and starts challenging him when no one else would even think to, he gets the idea that maybe being successful and being happy aren’t actually mutually exclusive.

“I was going to lose myself in her, more than I’d lost myself in anyone before.”

R.S. Grey writes with the best kind of humor – her characters will have you laughing out loud 99% of the time. The other 1% you'll spend holding your breath, hoping to god things will work out between Lily and Dean.

“After everything we’d put each other through, the odds of him loving me the way I loved him weren’t in my favor.”

This is the kind of read you will down in one sitting – mainly because it’s too hilarious, witty, hot, and beyond entertaining to even want to put down. Make your day and fall in love with THE ALLURE OF DEAN HARPER, no regrets. ;)

Links

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA

About the Author

I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.
I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!